Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Introduction

I'm Stef. I am a wife and a SAHM to two beautiful daughters. Annemarie is almost 3 and Maggie will be 6 months tomorrow.

I decided to make my daughter's baby food for a few reasons. The first is that I know that I can make it as healthy if not more healthy than I can find in the stores. The second is financial - making her food will be less expensive than buying it (especially since the Beaba was a gift). And the third is that she will introduced to a larger variety of foods than if I gave her the commercial food. Foods that we eat and that are cooked and seasoned the way we eat - hopefully expanding her palette from the beginning. I also don't want her to be used to pureed foods. I want her exposed to texture from day one.

I didn't do this with my older daughter, Annemarie (almost 3 years old) and I regret it. She is now eats only pizza, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, PB&J, yogurt, waffles, pancakes, eggs and cereal. Getting her to try new foods is always a fight.

My mother bought me the Beaba Babycook when I started Annemarie on solids. I used it sporadically but relied mostly on organic commercial foods such as Earth's Best and Happy Baby baby foods. They were great, but expensive and rarely on sale.

This time around I am vowing to do it differently.

As I started to research recipes, I found so much (visit www.wholesomebabyfood.com for great recipes and information on making your own baby food) but nothing geared specifically for the Babycook. I am the type of person that likes to be given all of the information at once - tell me what water level to use, how much to put in and how long to blend it. I couldn't find anything.

This is my journey. It will be trial and error (probably more error at first. lol). I will post recipes, pictures and videos of my progress. Hopefully it will be entertaining, fun, inspiring and successful.

Please feel free to comment, critique (constructive only please) and advise. We are in this together.

Thanks for reading and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment